Iris is one my favorite women in NYC. Her birthday was Monday so this post is a little late, but that's ok... We met 6 years ago and she and her husband Carl have become my surrogate parents in New York. I love them both. I'm so amazed by their joy of life and their warmth that they so freely show to each other. They've been married for 60+ years and are as affectionate now as if they just met, something I strive towards... Happy Belated Birthday, Iris!
Fashion's Night Out is next week! Come by our Soho store (465 Broome St between Mercer and Greene) to meet me, do some shopping and of course have a cocktail or two. Click the invite above for a closer look. The event will be co-hosted by Selby Drummond, Senior Accessories Editor at Vogue and Lucy Sykes, Fashion Director at Rent the Runway. We'll have special appearances by Lady Fag and Barbie! That night we'll have an exclusive, limited edition bracelet co-designed by Selby that will be available for purchase. Get it while it's hot!
This year for FNO we threw a crazy party. I partnered with the Accessories Director from Vogue,
Selby Drummond, who co-designed a bracelet for the event, Lady Fag, who is one of the most original performers in NYC nightlife, Barbie and Lucy Sykes from Rent the Runway. It felt a bit like the old NY clubs I remember from the mid 80s, with the mix of downtown/uptown and all
the drag queens in between.
(In order of photos posted)
1) Lady Fag being interviewed by Fashion TV. (Ps- she's a woman.)
2) Meet the Alexis Bittar Barbie. Who would of thought that I would get to have my own Barbie that I designed?!
3) This is Epiphany. Work!
4) Me with Steven Kolb CFDA Executive Director and Stan Herman, past President of the CFDA (far right)
5) Ladies of the night. (L to R: Marlena, Jordan + Pascale)
6) John Ehlers with Jordan.
7) The Selby Cuff.
8) The staff at Soho who held down the fort. (L to R: Kiki, Angela, Dominique + Veronica)